Is it Worth it? The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff Pack

by - 12:00

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff Pack, is probably the most controversial stuff pack to date. Most people are angry about the fact that this pack is an add-on to The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs. You even have to have The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs to access a lot of the objects in this packs. Which just seems unfair. It leaves playing asking: “why didn’t they just add this to Cats and Dogs’’, “Why do I now have to pay an extra $10 when it these items should’ve come with the $40 expansion pack”.

When I first heard about this pack I was excited. However, I'm excited whenever new content is added. After digging a little deeper though I started to like this pack less and less, which is never a good sign. Don’t worry this review isn’t just me bashing this pack. It’s me sharing my opinion on this pack. The good, the bad, the negative. In all honesty, I wish this review didn’t start off on a sour review. However, it wouldn’t be honest if I began by raving about the pack. On the bright side, this isn’t my least favourite stuff pack. It doesn’t make me feel like I wasted $10. The only question is, is it worth it?

Let’s start by talking about CAS, or I guess more specifically create a pet. In spite of full disclosure, I feel like I have to say I never loved to create a pet. The fact that you can customize your pet more than your sim has always ticked me off. Therefore, I had low expectations when going to create a pet. I’ll admit this was probably the sea they did best on. Which sucks because I will most likely never use it. They added a lot of create pet items. Which is nice for those people who use it. However, I'm willing to bet that a lot of people are in the same boat as me, and find this increase in create a pet items useless. It’s not that I’ll never use it. I just won’t use it often. For those of you who do love styling your pets, this is the perfect fact for you! I’ll give credit where credit is due they did I good job in create a pet, it’s just not for everyone.

The new create a sim items from this pack were underwhelming. I didn't expect a lot. I did expect more then we got though. There are a few cute things for kids and toddlers. Including a toddler hat that I can definitely see myself using in the future. However, when it comes to your teen and adult sims there was almost nothing. We were given 3 new hairstyles, which I always appreciate. However, I can only really see myself using one or two create a sim items given to us in this pack. Honestly, I would’ve preferred to see more items added to create a sim then create a pet.  Though it does make sense why there wasn’t as much. The pack is, after all, called my first pet, not my first sim.

Even though I was disappointed in the create a pet and create a sim. I was pleasantly surprised on the items added to Build/Buy mode. Does it compare to other packs? No. But in this pack, we were given some pieces that are very unique which I appreciate. My favoured piece would have to be the circular coffee table/aquarium. Although I don’t know how often I’m going to use it. Also, you can see that some the texture on some of the items were different. They almost look rubber. I liked the new style, and I hope to see objects with a similar texture in the future. Something to keep in mind is the items in this pack were marketed towards your children and toddler sims. Though I don’t know if that would’ve been my first choice. I do appreciate that now I can make more versatile kids rooms.

The new gameplay was something that really excited me about this pack. Something that I definitely missed The Sims 3 was the mini critters. Though I would’ve prefers to see those added in Cats and Dogs. When I first heard about this pack I was excited that we were finally getting them. Though I have to say I am disappointed that we didn’t get birds and reptiles like we did in the sims 3. If I’m being honest I am happy that these have been added to the game. It was a major selling point for me regarding this pack.  You can tell the sims gurus spent a lot of time working on the critters. Your critters can now go on trips and collect postcards, and you can also get infected by your critters. Though I do like the thought. I would’ve rather seen other things added to this pack instead. Also unlike other packs, we only really have one new gameplay objects. Yes, there are different cages for the different critter, but they all work the same. I can’t help but feel like we were duped out of that one.

It upsets me that this review is quite negative. That really wasn’t my intention. I just wanted to share with you my honest thoughts on the pack. Those are my honest opinion. Did I hate it? No. Did I love it? No. Is it my favourite pack? No. Is it my least favourite pack? No. This pack was so, so. Also, I don’t I was the targeted audience for this pack. I think it be much more appealing to a younger audience. Do I recommend it? If you only have $10 and you have to choose one Sims 4 Stuff Pack to buy this would not be my recommendation. However, if you have extra money then sure get it. This is after all extra content. New items being added to the game. We all love new items. It’s not a waste of money, but I also wouldn’t say it’s a necessity. That you're going to be left out without it. Even though this pack may not have been my favourite I'm still glad I got it, and I’m still going to use it.

You May Also Like

0 comments